Thursday, December 11, 2014

DIY Day: Chocolate Chip Cookies

For my first DIY day I didn't do anything crazy, just chocolate chip cookies with a small twist. For this recipe I used no brown sugar, this is supposed to make them a little more soft and chewy. Here's the recipe I used:

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. butter
1 pack of chocolate chips


I had a little helper (Nugget). 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl. In another bowl, mix the sugar and the butter, and then add eggs, then vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Then combine the two bowls and mix, then add the chocolate chips. Don't freak out if the batter is runny, this is normal. Scoop into 2 in. balls on an un-greased baking sheet.


Then bake for 8 minutes. 


When they come out of the oven they look like a pile of dough still. I promise they are done and they are delicious. 


The best part of these cookies is that the chips stay gooey, like when you just take them out of the oven. These cookies have been the highlight of my day, as I have been feeling pretty sick today. 
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did.

Until tomorrow,

Charity 


No comments:

Post a Comment