Friday, February 20, 2015

Last of the House Updates (for a little while)

It was really hard for me to get going today but eventually I got up and around. Today I decided I might as well finish off the house updates for a little bit. At least until I get around to going out and buying the required materials. 

So today I took the same four questions that I had asked yesterday and went from room to room in our house answering them. I am not going to list the answers to the fourth question yet because that would make this post rather lengthy. Here are my answers:

MASTER BED/BATH
Color Scheme: Blue & Brown 


1. I hate the paint color! You will hear me say this a lot because every single room in our house has the same dull yellow paint. Our bedroom was previously not very open and we had little to no decor.

2. I want to completely re-do!

3. Here's the list: add an ottoman, two end tables, new paint color, new tiling, new mirrors, a better place for shoes, jewelry, scarves and ties, a hidden electronic cord area, pictures, curtains, new light fixtures, outlet covers, a lamp, and new towel racks. Possibly a new dresser.

KITCHEN/LIVING ROOM
Color Scheme: Mint, Grey, Yellow, and White


1. I hate the pain color, and the allover layout of the living room. There is very little decor and furniture. The kitchen and living room both don't have much storage or counter space. Overall it looks really plain.

2. Re-do!

3. New paint color, a coffee table, end table, some wooden crates, pictures, wall hangings (of some kind), curtains, re-upholstery of the couch or at least a cover, another lounge chair, a bench, hidden electronic charging station, kitchen shelving, coat rack, new light fixtures, chore board, and outlet covers. With possibly new tiling, a new bookshelf, and maybe a new fan.

NURSERY
Color Scheme: Green & Brown


1. The nursery was really cluttered with unneeded stuff. And there is almost no decor.

2. Updo!

3. A new bookshelf, curtains, a mirror, lots of baby stuff, and outlet covers.

BATHROOM
Color Scheme: Black & White


1. Again I hate the paint color! The mirror framing reminds me of the 70's. The flooring I have mixed feelings about. The towel rods and doorstop have completely fallen off.

2. Re-do!!!

3. New paint, new mirror, new light fixtures, towel rods, outlet covers, shelving or an end table.

CRAFT ROOM
Color Scheme: White, Navy & Black OR Peach & Yellow



1. I hate the paint color, but am undecided on a new color scheme. It definitely lacks the storage capacity that a craft room needs. Minimum decor and little furniture. The craft room also has this big, empty window I would like to do something with. 

2. Re-do!

3. New light fixture, outlet covers, bookshelf, coffee table, closet storage containers, curtains, new paint, and new decor. Maybe a tv mount on the wall, turning the window into a window seat, and also maybe another desk. 

It was a good day for me to get my thoughts on the house out and on paper. I have already started on some of the changes and I look forward to completing the rest, hopefully pretty soon. Tomorrow I am going to post a long overdue, Bumpdate! 

Until tomorrow, 

Charity





No comments:

Post a Comment