Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DIY: Chore Board

I have been meaning to start crafting more again and I have been trying to get more organized in the house. On Pinterest I recently found a pin for a DIY Family Command Center and decided I would give it a try, I did it a little differently than the original and I made it more of a chore board for our house. Here's a link to the original posting: http://www.girllovesglam.com/2012/03/organization-board-tutorial.html

I started out with a 18x18 piece of plywood. 

I then painted the piece of plywood grey using the same Amish grey color I used for the table. 


I then took the bottle of white paint and used it as a template to draw polka dots on the board; then I painted the polka dots white.





(Sorry this looks yellow, bad lighting)

I then had bought four picture frames and added the printed papers to the frames. 




After adding them to the frames I attached the frames using mounting strips and I attached the board to the wall using command strips.






All in all a successful project! I got the original board for $5, the frames were a $1 each, $1 for the mounting and command strips, and the paint was leftover from painting our dining room table. So a grand total of $10. This has now been added to our kitchen and adds some nice decor to an otherwise bare wall.To find a more detailed list of instructions go to the original post here: http://www.girllovesglam.com/2012/03/organization-board-tutorial.html

Tomorrow I have another DIY project I have been wanting to do.

Until tomorrow,

Charity




No comments:

Post a Comment