Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bumpdate: Week 27


For any who don't know, this little kitty, is my other little girl. Nugget wakes me up in the mornings with kisses and snuggles, chases me around the house with cute, high-pitch mews, pushes her little face into mine when I need some love, and is all around the most adorable kitten I've ever had. Poor thing, was given to us at 4 weeks old she was so tiny. She's seven months old now; her and Olivia should be the exact same size this week. I'm kind of worried about how she'll react when Olivia is born and she gets less attention from me, but for now she gets smothered in kisses and cuddles.

How far along? 27 weeks and 5 days!
Total weight gain: According to our scale today I weigh 150 lb., according to the doctor's office scale on Tuesday I weighed 148 lb. Hopefully I really haven't gained 5 lb. in the past week, but I guess we'll see what the numbers say next week.
Stretch marks: No stretch marks, but my belly button has been half in and half out all week.
Sleep: Better but not the best, I keep waking up on my back which is a no-no when pregnant especially seven months pregnant. So I am trying to sleep wedged between pillows.
Miss anything? Fitting in the shower, through doors, not feeling bulky.


Movement: This girl never sleeps, she's always moving. At some point I will post of video of my belly and her moving.
Cravings: None.
What makes you sick? Anything too greasy makes me get reflux and feel the need to vomit.
Labor signs: I thought I might of lost my mucus plug this week, but I did not. Other than that no signs of labor.
General Pregnancy Symptoms: I feel fat, and hungry all the time. Snacking is turning into a problem. Leg cramps are starting to make an appearance as is restless leg syndrome.


Looking forward to: The third trimester! It starts on Sunday, and I am super excited with only 12 weeks to go!
What's baby up to: Well Olivia is now getting into a regular sleep cycle. It sometimes fits mine, but she likes to wake mommy up with some squirming at about 5 or 6 in the morning. Olivia opens and closes her eyes and loves sucking on her thumb. She gets the hiccups almost daily, and often startles mommy with her jumps and wiggles. Her lungs are capable of functioning (with lots of medical help) if she were to be born right now.
Exercise: Clearly not enough because I am starting to pack on the pounds. I will definitely being doubling my efforts to get out and walk this trimester, especially since the sun is coming out and everything is warming up. 



This is Merlin, who insists on being mommy's little guardian if daddy isn't around. 

Other pregnancy news this week: I passed my gestational diabetes test, but also found out I'm a little low on iron. I am on a low dose iron supplement now, in addition to my prenatal. Doctor's appointments are every two weeks now, which has me realizing how soon little Olivia will be here. We also schedule maternity photos for the 3rd week of April. That's all for now.

Until next week,

Charity



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Getting closer :) You look great! Love, Mom (and future Grammy)

    ReplyDelete