Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baby To-Do List: Week 27

I am looking forward to a nice break this week. I get about five days off in a row so, a little relaxation time is in order. We had our doctor's appointment on Tuesday and everything came back normal. I passed my gestational diabetes test! We now have doctor's appointments every two weeks, and it's starting to feel like Olivia will be here really soon. 

This week's to-do list is really short, only two items, so I will discuss a little more of what's to come with my new series I am going to start next week.


 1. Choose a color for the nursery.
Since Jerry and I are renting unfortunately the only color we can have for the nursery is white. Our color scheme for everything else is a green and brown with owls. We may put up some wall decals, we just haven't decided yet.

2. Research cord blood banking.
If you ask your hospital they should have a pamphlet to give you about the basics of cord blood banking. If it sounds like something for you, then research it more. It really just isn't something I want to add onto my worry list in the delivery room.

That's it for this week. But since I am entering the third trimester on Sunday I have decided to start a new series on getting ready for baby. Each week I will post something new to help prepare in the last trimester for baby. Here's a rough schedule for the next few weeks:

Week 28: Birth Plan: This will include a sample birth plan, basic delivery terms, and what you should prepare for.
Week 29: Hospital Packet for Guests!: For any family that decides to come visit at the hospital I am putting together a packet of basic information, about the birth plan, the hospital, and stuff to do while waiting.
Week 30: Childbirth class, tour, and preregistration: This is going to be a basic rundown, of how to get ready for D-Day through your hospital.
Week 31: Maternity Photos: This is the week our maternity photos will be taken!
Week 32: Packing the hospital bag: What to pack, when to pack, and where to keep it.
Week 33: Baby Shower: My main baby shower will be this week!
Week 34: Setting up the nursery: This will be about putting everything together and buying any leftover items still needed. 
Week 35: Babymoon!: Jerry and I will hopefully be going on a babymoon this week!
Week 36: Getting the car ready for baby: What should be packed in the car, how to set up the car seat, etc.
Week 37: What happens when your water breaks: Having a plan ready for contractions, the mucus plug, water breaking, anything that may occur.
Week 38: Freezer meals: A list of freezer meals and how to make them for when cooking gets tough after baby.
Week 39: Pamper yourself/Padsicles: Taking a day to pamper yourself and how to make padsicles, the ultimate post-partum healer.
Week 40: Natural ways to induce labor: A list of ways to naturally and safely induce your labor.

That's all for today, hoping to post a Bumpdate tomorrow,

Until then,

Charity


No comments:

Post a Comment