Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How to Survive the Last 8 Weeks


The third trimester so far has been the best and the worst trimester I have gone through. The waiting is killing me, but the knowledge that she will be here soon has got me so excited. I have to say that every trimester has had a completely different feel to it. This one feels exhausting, for me anyway. We have been to the hospital 3 times so far this trimester, but nothing seems to be going wrong so that's great. My body on the other hand is getting some of it's biggest changes this trimester. I can't sleep, meals are a thing of the past, leg cramps rule my life, my boobs leak colostrum, stretch marks have made their appearance, and well I just feel fat. Pregnancy is not for the weak of heart, that's for sure. With 8 weeks to go until I get to hold my sweet little baby, you could say I am starting to count down the minutes. To help me (and my body) survive, I have created this list of things to keep with me always. Warning it's a little TMI for those that aren't or have not been pregnant.

1. Pantyliners!
You thought you had to pee before, well now with baby slowly dropping into the birth position, your bladder is now extra squished. Plus baby likes a nice punching bag and your bladder is the best thing! Pantyliners are your new best friend. I recommend carrying some in your purse and having plenty on hand in bathrooms.

2. Nipple Pads
As you start the third trimester you may notice some leakage happening from your breasts. As the trimester goes on you may find the leaking may stop or get worse. Luckily I have not gotten to the point of constant leakage, but I know some women do. Nipple pads become a necessity at that point, they just slip right into your bra. 
3. Lotion, specifically Cooling Lotion
I get the worst heat rash under my bra; cooling aloe vera lotion has become my life saver. I haven't heard of this as much with women with smaller boobs, but my boobs have gone up 3 sizes during this pregnancy and put off way too much heat. Also lotion is good to keep those dreaded stretch marks down. Unfortunately I did not keep up with this as well as I should have and I am now paying the price with six stretch marks on my belly.

4. Naps
I know this isn't something you can carry in your purse, but naps have become so important for me. I need one at least once every other day. 

5. Tylenol
As you stretch farther and farther, it seems more and more aches and pains pop up. Keeping a bottle of Tylenol on hand has helped me a lot. Also Icy Hot patches have been incredibly helpful with all the back pain.

6. Snacks
I keep a constant supply of granola bars and fruit snacks in my purse. I always either want something fruity or something sweet. Since meals have become a thing of the past, I often find I am hungry in the most random places and having one of those on hand while at work or the doctor's office is always nice.

7. A notepad.
It's getting to the point if I don't write something down I am going to forget. Like I probably should have written down all the things I wanted to remember to put in this post, but I didn't so I am a few items short and I am sure I will come back and edit it later. 

Until next time, 

Charity 

No comments:

Post a Comment